Who is eligible to make an appointment?
This service is open to Webster Groves Public Library cardholders.
What type of information and assistance do you provide?
- Library orientation, including a tour of the building, patron accessible equipment, and our Web site
- Basic instruction on how to operate e-mail provider sites like Yahoo, Gmail, and AOL
- Researching a topic beyond Google using our subscription online databases
- Basic instruction on using Microsoft Office programs
- Lessons on using the Internet and the browser types
- Creating and using a social media account
- Résumé assistance and career support
- Book suggestions for adults, children, and book clubs
- Community resources
Is there anything I can’t get help with?
We cannot offer advice (e.g., medical, legal, investment, tax preparation) except to advise users of reputable sources of evaluative information. We cannot type or proofread your document, résumé, cover letter, etc. Also, we cannot offer troubleshooting or maintenance help with personal computers.
Who will be helping me?
We will look at your appointment request and determine the best person on our staff to meet with you based on expertise and availability.
How long will the appointment be?
Each appointment will last approximately 30 minutes. Additional appointments can be requested with a maximum of two appointments per month.
How do I make an appointment?
Complete the form with as much information as possible. Let us know what you would like help with and a time that is convenient for you. We will get in touch with you to confirm the appointment as soon as possible, but we require at least three days advance notice in most cases.
How do I check in to my appointment?
Visit the circulation desk on the main floor of the library. Your personal librarian will meet you there and direct you to the room you’ll be using.
I need to cancel my appointment. What’s the best way to do this?
No problem — just call the reference desk at 314.961.7277 as soon as possible. We can help you reschedule your appointment.
Are there other ways to get help from a librarian?
Of course! You can always stop by the reference desk at the lower level of the library and speak to the librarian there. You can also contact us by e-mail or call 314.961.7277.