The Library serves as a Passport Application Acceptance Facility for the US Department of State. Applications are available at the Reference Desk, and processing can be done on a walk-in basis. Each application can take up to twenty minutes to process, so please allow enough time for all applications to be finished at least one hour before the Library’s closing time. This means 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 3:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 4 p.m. on Sunday. Processing time does not include your time spent initially filling out the application.
The following is a list of items we will need from you in order to process your application.
- Your completed DS-11 application form, filled out in black ink only. Blank forms are available from the Reference Desk, or you can print one from the State Department’s Web site.
- One passport photo. Because of the specific requirements for the photo, it is best to have it taken somewhere that specifically performs that service. Examples include About Time & American Passport (in Richmond Heights) or any Walgreens, Costco, or FedEx.
- Proof of US citizenship. In most cases, this will be a certified copy of your birth certificate or an expired US passport. Other examples include a naturalization certificate or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
- Valid government-issued ID. Typically, a driver’s license or state nondriver’s ID card. Temporary paper licenses are not acceptable.
- Individual checks or money orders payable to the US Department of State for each application being submitted. These fees may not be paid by cash or credit card. Current application fees are as follows :
- $110 for a passport book (ages 16 and over)
- $80 for a passport book (ages 15 and under)
- $30 for a passport card (ages 16 and over)
- $15 for a passport card (ages 15 and under)
- $60 for optional expedited service. Expedited turnaround time is typically 3 weeks (routine turnaround time is 6 weeks).
- $15.45 for optional overnight delivery of your passport from the State Department.
- Separate $35 execution fee per application paid to Webster Groves Public Library. This payment can be by cash, credit card, or check.