Friends of WGPL
The purpose of the Friends is to :
- help Webster Groves maintain an independent community library;
- promote public interest in the use of the library, its resources, and its services;
- provide financial support for the daily operation of the library through membership dues and book sales; and,
- encourage volunteer participation in this vital community resource.
Founded in 1974, the Friends of the Webster Groves Public Library have contributed more than $250,000 to the library, including funds for landscaping, an underground sprinkler system, carpeting, furniture for the reading area, computers, the Summer Reading Programs, art restoration, and large print books.
Join the Friends
The Friends need your membership dues and your help as well. The more volunteers we have, the more we can do for our library. Please consider becoming a Friend and volunteering a few hours of your time. Click here to download a brochure about the Friends, including an application form.
Your Friends membership of $15 or more helps support the activities of the Library.
- $35 helps buy a large print book
- $50 supports the children’s Summer Reading Program
- $50 helps with maintenance of the Reading Garden and landscaping
- $100 helps to provide book club kits
- $250 supports ongoing art restoration
Make checks payable to Friends of WGPL and mail to :
Friends of the Webster Groves Public Library
301 E. Lockwood Ave.
Webster Groves, MO 63119
Your contribution is tax deductible.
Reading Garden Pavers
You can help the Friends support the Library or honor someone who is important to you through the gift of a dedicated paver in the Reading Gardens. For information on the Friends Paver program, click here. If you would like the order form for a paver, click here.